Thursday, August 6, 2009

Skinny Jean/Neon Shirt Tween Convention '09

Warped Tour was wicked. Every year I go, I think, "I'm too old for this shit," but my Danny Glover mentality leaves me as soon as I get next to the stage. I mainly went for one band in particular (the others were an afterthought), and my dreams came true. Cue Alexisonfire pictures.




To summarize the Alexisonfire show, the first word that comes to mind is WIN. Chris the bassist appeared to be foaming at the mouth and generated so much power and hype that my mind was blown. Wade brought the heat, Jordan was on point, George was brilliant, and Dallas was beyond glorious (even better live than on record, if that's possible).

#2 Highlight: Less Than Jake. I wasn't a fan of their music until this show; they had moms crowd-surfing and an old couple making out on stage. They were hilarious, and they played well, too.

Lowlight: BrokeNCYDE was on the tour. End of story.

I'm not sure if I'll go to Warped next year (and I know I've said that before), but if I never go again, this was a way to end the streak. The sunburn, ringing ears and exhaustion was more than worth it.

No comments: