Thursday, July 9, 2009

The screen print experiment

My print project at work today was dynamite. Check it.
(the pics might be a bit fugly, thanks to the incapable PC I'm working on)


It was somewhat of an experiment, because there isn't much overprinting done with soft tint inks (the gold and blue you see here). I was encouraged to push this one to the limit, so there's a metallic silver for the first layer, and the colored inks were printed on top of it. It turned out surprisingly well. There's a really slick green color when the gold/blue mixed, and I ended up with a six-color piece from three inks. Pretty badass.


My regret is that I only printed on one dark garment; it's amazing how different the results were. Everywhere the color overlaps the metallic? Hotness.

So, yeah! Overall success. If you want a women's tee (size small or medium), I have a few extras to get off my hands. Or perhaps I'll just keep them all...

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Let me reiterate your own quote: "Pretty Badass" Love the silver! Well done kiddo!