Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Incredibad

The past two weeks have (mostly) ruled because of this new Lonely Island album.

I like funny music. A lot. If you don't know about Flight of the Conchords or Tenacious D, we probably can't be friends anymore. REVIEW TIME:
  1. Who Said We're Wack? - I kind of skip this song every time I play this album, but it's still dece. I just like to get to track #2.
  2. Santana DVX (ft.E-40) - I dig champagne, E-40 AND Santana. I'm thankful that this song exists, because I don't think a better combination could have been created in my mind.
  3. Jizz In My Pants - Killer Euro spoof with some JT-style breakdown. Instant classic...I hope the whole world has heard it by now. I would probably like this song even if it wasn't hilarious.
  4. I'm On A Boat (ft.T-Pain) - NEVER THOUGHT I'D BE ON A BOAT. This is climbing up on my "Most Played" list on iTunes. Thanks, T-Pain, for making such a hot track. Probably my favorite on the album, actually. Great to breakdance to in studio when nobody's around...I mean, what?
  5. Sax Man (ft. Jack Black) - I laughed so hard I thought my appendix was going to burst. This is likely because the first time I listened to this was at 4:45 in the morning and I almost ODed on caffeine. But it's still funny now, so that says something.
  6. Lazy Sunday (ft. Chris Parnell) - This song was the very first video I ever experienced on YouTube. No lie. And I macked on some of those Magnolia cupcakes on my first NYC trip, so this will remain close to my heart fo lyfe.
  7. Normal Guy - Meh, okay. Weird, but whatever. I've never been one for random interludes.
  8. Boombox (ft. Julian Casablancas) - I don't know much about the The Strokes, but I instantly like this Julian guy. Smooth vocals. Not sure about the boiled goose lines, but the beat is hot, and that's all that really matters.
  9. Shrooms - Ahaha...expected. Reminds me of "Cool Beans," for some reason, which probably should have been on this album, too, right?
  10. Like A Boss - Again, laugh-attack. Copy/pasting the lyrics just wouldn't do this justice. It gets progressively intense (as most of these tracks do), but I find it endearing. Or something like that.
  11. We Like Sportz - Obnoxious, which is intentional. So...SUCCESS.
  12. Dreamgirl (ft. Norah Jones) - I love Norah Jones now. I mean, she was good before, but this just confirms that she has an incredible sense of humor. Chex mix, ftw.
  13. Ras Trent - YES. Rasta musical collage.
  14. Dick In A Box (ft. Justin Timberlake) - Forever one of the greatest things ever to come out of SNL/Justin. Besides the jizz in his pants...?
  15. The Old Saloon (Mix Tape Edit) - The voices they use are great, but this is another skip-a-roo for me. Oh wellz...it is an interlude, after all.
  16. Punch You In The Jeans - This one's okay. The best part is the title, because I've been incorprating it into everyday conversation (ie: "She did WHAT? I'm gonna punch her in the jeans.").
  17. Space Olympics - REACH FOR THE STARS. This is a winner!
  18. Natalie's Rap (ft. Natalie Portman & Chris Parnell) - My second-favorite track on the album, maybe. This girl is HARD. I almost shead a tear...If I were an actress, I'd likely be perceived as a girl-next-door type like this, and then pull one of these stunts. So proud.
  19. Incredibad - Fresh Prince throwbackish. Interesting title track with a sweet name. It's growing on me. Strange-ass plot line, but that wouldn't be the first weird thing on this album.
Overall, I give it an 8/10. It's gotta be better than a 7 considering how many times I've looped it now. If you don't mind vulgarity, humor, sarcasm, creativity and decent music, you should probably give it a download. The only two things that I expected to be on this album were "Cool Beans" and the Blizzard Man track. Here's a video if you haven't clicked on any linkz yet: